Do you want to experience the effects of truffles faster, preferably more intensely? Then it is a good idea to make tea out of it. In addition, it masks the bad taste of the truffles, making them more enjoyable to ingest. You can simply use the same amount of truffles in the tea as you would otherwise use.
How do you make truffle tea?
Note: do not use boiling water when making truffle tea. The active substance psilocybin breaks down at temperatures above 69 degrees Celsius. This also applies to mushroom tea.
- Crush or cut the truffle as small as possible. The smaller you make the truffles, the better and faster the psychedelic substances are absorbed into the tea.
- Boil the water in the kettle.
- Let the water cool down until it has stopped boiling. Then you can add the truffles to the water. Make sure that the water does not boil anymore because too much heat breaks down the substances that are necessary to experience the effects of the truffle.
- Soak the truffles in the water for 20 minutes.
- Strain the tea water so that there are no truffles left in the tea water. Leave the truffles in the strainer . Here you can make truffle tea again.
- Add some honey for a nice sweet taste.
- Your truffle tea is ready to use.
If you have any leftover truffle tea, you can choose to freeze the truffle tea and store it for your next trip.
Make truffle tea with a different taste
Ginger tea with truffles
- Chop, slice, crush the truffles as small as possible.
- Boil the water in a pan.
- Once the water stops boiling, add the truffles. You also add some ginger.
- After 20 minutes, strain the water and squeeze the truffles out again.
- The truffle tea is now ready to drink.
Tip: add some lemon juice to make the tea taste better. The lemon juice also improves your trip. Although a truffle tea trip starts faster and is more intense, it also ends faster.
Lemon tea with truffles
- Crush the truffles with a knife.
- Put the truffles in a cup. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to this.
- Let the truffle and lemon juice steep for about 10 minutes. Stir every now and then.
- Boil the water.
- Once the water stops boiling, add the water to the truffle lemon mixture.
- Let the tea steep for another 20 minutes.
- Ready for use.
Drop tea with truffles
You make tea with licorice flavor. This can be dried licorice or a licorice flavored tea bag. Cut licorice is also possible.
- Make the truffles as small as possible.
- Put this in a cup.
- Put the licorice in another cup.
- Let some water boil.
- When the water has cooled down a bit, pour the water into the cups. Not completely full but half full.
- Add some ginger and fresh orange juice to the tea.
- Mix the two cups together.
- Stir occasionally and let the tea steep for 20 minutes.
- Let your journey begin. The truffle tea is ready to drink.